Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thoughts of MERCY


It's crazy, but sometimes my little dog Mercy lives it better than me.
*************************************
"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6
*************************************
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
*************************************
Mercy is a faithful pet. She is never sour and always ready to please. She loves. We named her Mercy to encourage our children to value it's virtue. Mercy for me was a religious word growing up without relevance to real, everyday life. It was theology not breathing Christianity. It was quite simply not taught. Give in, give over, be the bigger person, do the right thing, and the like. But never love mercy for it's self. I never knew this was part of a three fold requirement from the LORD to me. Also I believed mercy was weak.
******************************************************************************
Mercy, my little dog is always just, always loves mercy, and always walks humbly. She knows I am the master. Her desire and pleasure in life is to please me. Really just to be with me. All she wants is to be with me. Nothing else compares to her desire for me. I am so unworthy of her. She is a better dog than I am a master. She, of our three dogs is the most able. She is strong and fully able to protect pups or reign over the other fur balls. But she chooses me over being Queen herself. The two others have a constant struggle to have their own way. She is the only one I can trust. I love them all, but she, has a heart after me.
****************************************************************************
Jesus is worthy! May HE walk me everyday. May I be thrilled to be in HIS presence. May I love mercy.
****************************************************************************
"Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me." Psalm 40:11
****************************************************************************
My basic understanding of mercy is this: Not getting what I deserve. I am a sinner and deserving of it's consequences. Not getting it. Just imagine how strong mercy has to be to hold off and protect the sinner. No, not weak at all. Much, much stronger than giving the sinner what is deserved.
****************************************************************************
"But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
****************************************************************************
Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear - hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
****************************************************************************
To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."
Jude 1:20 -25

No comments:

Post a Comment