Friday, September 30, 2011

Quiet! Be Still!


Quiet! Be still!
Quiet! Be still!
Quiet! Be still!


He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves,
"Quiet! Be still!"
Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
Mark 4:39

Why is it so hard for me? Why can I not hear? Why does my heart get lost in the storm?
Why can I not remember the LORD of Creation who has ALL AUTHORITY?

Why do my problems, challenges, and emotions appear stronger than they are?
Why do I harbor false beliefs?
Why do I loose faith in trials?
Why?

HE REMEMBERS
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
The life of mortals is like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-
with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.

The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
Psalm103:13-19

Why?
Because I am just me and no more.
I am limited.
I am just me.
Empty.
I am not able to be more.
AND the LORD knows it.
He Created me.
He Loves me.
He is Holy.
There is no mistake.

Did he created me this way.
This limited way.
This weak way.
This way.
To Create the Altar in me for His Presence to Dwell.
Did He created me to be His tent of meeting?
Nothing in itself until filled.
The tent.
The Tabernacle.
Completely empty,
meaningless,
and
void
without
HIS
PRESENCE.

Is the reason for my struggle of faith for just that purpose?
Glory!
Will a pillar of fire
by night
and
a pillar of clouds
by day
be my guide?
Glory!
Will the Mercy Seat
be set in my heart
for myself
and others?

Is this the reason to give the sacrifice of praise:
Praise in the storms
Praise in the problems
Praise in the challenges
Praise in the emotions

My God IS with me.

He calls me to be still and remember:

The LORD will fight for me: I need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14

The Levites calmed all the people, saying,
"Be still, for this is a holy day.
Do not grieve."
Nehemiah 8:11

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37:7

He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10

Be still before the LORD, all mankind,
because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."
Zachariah 2:13





No comments:

Post a Comment