Thursday, September 15, 2011

Subpoenaed!

A subpoena was handed to me a few minutes ago. My hair was wet, evidence of a recent shower. Dogs barking and kids peering around me to get a view of the officer at the door. There is no planning a good time for the summons or negotiating it's dates. This was not convenient. Nor was the order.

I've been called upon to give testimony, to be a witness, to stand before the judge. Before others, some I would know and others I would not. Sounds like another call on my life. Give my testimony, be a witness, stand before HIM. Appointed meetings with others.

At first thought testimony sounds reasonable. Testimony is a legal form of evidence. It is sworn truth.
The Bible is THE TESTIMONY. It is divided into the Old and New Testaments. The TRUTH. The Evidence. Legal evidence. Upon these thoughts the idea of my personal testimony reveals its self. Truthful evidence in my life.  So where is the truthful evidence of Jesus in my life?  It's the stuff that is messy...Redeemed messy. Times God shows up whem I'm down for whatever reason. The times I call from the pit. All the times I know Jesus is REAL and my only hope, those are the pieces of my testimony. Not the easy comfortable no effort living times. Those are good times of rest. Or are they times we look back and see He was carrying us, cutting the path, fighting for us, binding our wounds, cherishing us.  More testimony.

James 2:14-26 puts it well:
Faith and Deeds
  What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?  Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.  If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?  In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
  But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.  You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
  You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?  Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?  You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.  And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.  You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
  In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?  As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

GOD is looking for EVIDENCE!

A witness is someone who has firsthand knowledge. Which begs the question, "What is my first hand knowledge?" God has called me, subpoenaed me to share not only His testimony but my first hand knowledge of Him. Yes, quote the scriptures. But more than that, share, declare the Living God IN my life. If I am not sold out it was HIM, I cannot give real personal testimony, I cannot be a witness. I have nothing to share...just regurgitation of what I've been told. Give information. "In theory" witness. What kind of truth is that? NOT truth at all.

Is the piece of paper delivered to me more serious and receive more of my effort than my call, subpoena, to the KING and LORD of All of Creation? Sadly.....my first thoughts are....I gotta make time and change my schedule for that week. IT has become a priority, no, THE priority. YIKES! I'm giving priority to an earthly authority beyond what I give THE LORD at times. I realize there is no room for a pity party or complaining. I accept the earthly law's authority and adjust. WHY do I not do this with Jesus. Ok, I'm not that much of a problem witness all the time. Just when my emotions aren't lined up or I've met my quota, or am tired, or just want something else. So I am a good witness when it costs me nothing and it's easy...... that even sounds horrid to me.
Because God loves me...I am so spoiled..... I must really stink up His nostrils sometimes.

There is something He's called me to lately. More like the Holy Spirit is calling me on the carpet. And spoiled girl that I am.......I won't just accept His authority and adjust my heart, mind and life. I want to, but I want to not make the sacrifices involved. I'm in contempt of court! Jesus keeps bailing me out and advocating for me. OH How I love JESUS!

Everyday I stand before His Throne, In His Presence.

We are called. We are subpoenaed!

Matthew 10:18-20

On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.  But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,  for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Mark 13:10-11
And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.  Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

When I am deaf I cannot speak well. When I am deaf I cannot hear the questions. I cannot testify. I cannot be a witness. Evidence is lost and forgotten. In my deafness, isolation grips life, strangling my mind.  The Good News is under gag order.

Jesus, my Savior is so much bigger than my frail existence. He can open my ears and create a beautiful testimony of Himself.  So many ways He continually reveal Himself in my life so that I WILL KNOW HE IS GOD!

Acts 9:10
In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!” “Yes, Lord,” he answered.


I pray to have faith like Ananias, "Yes, LORD!" Subpoenaed by the KING to rock my world with His Spirit. Give me that heart Jesus. Give me THAT kind of desire. Give me sight. Give me hearing.

John 1:6-8
There was a man sent from God whose name was John.  He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.  He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

Called as a witness to testify
Called as a witness to the light
Subpoenaed!

No comments:

Post a Comment