Monday, September 19, 2011

Bouquet of Blossoms

I had the best time Saturday! I rode in the church van with wonderful ladies to a Christian Women's Conference.....including a Casting Crowns Concert!

One of my friends, someone I'd really like to get to know better, told me I need to get out more. AND she is RIGHT!!!! Some of the isolation is really good and some is not. Life is just so busy sometimes I forget girlfriend fun or it just doesn't make the LIST. Fellowship does happen in my life. THANK YOU JESUS. My heart would like a bit more. So caught up in responsibilities focusing with tunnel vision.....

Thank you Jesus for sending me the bouquet of blossoms you call daughters.

As followers of Christ, our time is not our own. As wives and mothers our time is not our own. As employees our time is not our own. It seems something is always a priority...it usually is. But not always. There always seems to be enough time to watch a favorite show or sit at the computer or complain about something.

Younger I believe I was a good friend. What happened? The LORD calls us to fellowship! Maybe I don't have much time, maybe there isn't anything during this season of life to squeeze out to make room. Yet there IS the ability to take notice and engage in the moments gifted. There is time to block and save if only rarely.

I started to rethink my girlfriend time and I realized I have more than I thought. Ladies Bible study is the most special. (I am having some withdraw and mourning over following Jesus to another study group) Secondly and similarly is our homeschool co-op. Without each of these groups of ladies I would feel cut off.  More, you bet I'd like. But I do have what I need. Each of these women are gifts.

The next time you extend the heart of friendship, remember you are causing another flower to blossom. Seasons of refreshment.  I've had times that I felt so alone in the battle...I don't anymore. Mostly due to girlfriends of faith.

I can't help but consider the flowers on the Lamp Stand in the Tabernacle.


Make a Lampstand of pure, hammered gold. Make the entire Lampstand and its decorations of one piece-the base, center stem, lamp cups, buds, and petals. Make it with six branches going out from the center stem, three on each side. Each of the six branches will have three lamp cups shaped like almond blossoms, complete with buds and petals. Craft the center stem of the Lampstand with four lamp cups shaped like almond blossoms, complete with buds and petals. There will also be an almond bud beneath each pair of branches where the six branches extend from the center stem. The almond buds and branches must all be of one piece with the center stem, and they must be hammered from pure gold. Then make the seven lamps for the lampstand, and set them so they reflect their light forward. The lamp snuffers and trays must also be made of pure gold. You will need seventy-five pounds of pure gold for the lampstand and its accessories.


Be sure that you make everything according to the pattern I have shown you here on the mountain.
Exodus 25:31-40

Jesus is the Lampstand....we are flowers, His bouquet, hammered into beauty....with the oil of the Holy Spirit flowing through us! All made from one piece!

Glory!!!!! May His LIGHT, His GLORY, shine, reflect, give light in the us the almond flowers.
He is calling us to be complete with buds and petals! Must be one with the Center Piece, must be hammered from PURE GOLD. We are called to this kind of friendship...it's the pattern! Flowers Filled with His Spirit, one with Him and each other... there may be hammering in life and refining.......But ooohhh the LIGHT.....it's then we behold HIS GLORY!!!!

I found a source that said:
Almond in Hebrew means "the awakening one", because the almond tree was the first to awake from the sleep of winter and blossom. It spoke of the speedy and powerful result of light.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful and best most accurate drawing I've seen. I like how you made that connection and drew inspiration from it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete