Wednesday, June 22, 2011

He Delights In Me

They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
but the LORD supported me.
He led me to a place of safety;
he rescued me because he delights in me.
The LORD rewarded me for doing right;
he restored me because of my innocence.
Psalm 18:18-20
vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Isn't it just the time to be attacked when we are at our weakest. For me it is. The enemy is watching for perfect timing to arrest my faith. Holding on to truth under attack is not easy as flames of persecution singe my hair. I wanna have the faith to walk into the furnace and come out without stinking of smoke! Fire Walker isn't a name I can go by. Fear of being burned is more reality. Fear being the opposite of faith rings bells of alarm in my mind.
dddddddd
I am stunned by the support the LORD gives under attack. Sometimes my soul floats, other times I can't hear or feel him at all. Holding on to the truth of his Word is a discipline and lifeline. He is utterly my hero during the trials he swoops in to save me. I wish it was that easy all the time. He only shows off like that enough to restore my faith. I've come to realize He doesn't want such a one sided love affair. Ya I love it when HE loves me, comes to my rescue, restores, saves, protects and lifts. But that is him delighting in me. Where does that reveal my delight in HIM? Do I? Do I really? I ask myself, "Do I run to Him just for Him? Would I love Him despite a love for or not for me? Do I want to delight in Him above all?" How different my life would be. How different...yet it is what I want. But am not. I still struggle with delighting in compartmentalizing....many delights, so to speak. Yes, He is my filter. I do believe Him. He is truth. So what's up? Could it be the deference between loving Jesus and being so in-love that it eclipses all else. Could it be the real jump into another existence. Is this what Paul experienced? Peace that passes understanding? The joy of the LORD?
gggggg
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 37:4
vvvvvv
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires.
Psalm 37:4
bbbbb
He knows my name...as the song goes. The next lyrics should be, he knows my desires! I think, I know them and so beg/pray for them. Another thread to be pulled from the fabric of my flesh is that of trusting my "known" desires. As crazy as it sounds, that is believing God. My life is a complete statement of Him not giving me my requested desires and giving me the real desires of my heart. Those desires I didn't even know existed or wanted. In the movies, I remember a line, "you are everything, I never knew, I always wanted." True that. He knows me in a way I can never know myself. Loves me, still.
fff
For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.
Psalm 45:11
nnn
Praise the LORD!
I will thank the LORD with all my heart
as I meet with his godly people.
How amazing are the deeds of the LORD!
All who delight in him should ponder them.
Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty.
His righteousness never fails.
Psalm 111:1-3
vvvv
May HE, THE ONE AND ONLY, be the DELIGHT of our LIVES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment