Saturday, June 18, 2011

Turning the Page

So much, it seems fills my life. Challenges, CHALLENGES. I ask myself, "What is the LORD thinking?" Through it all, He is always there and providing whatever I've needed to complete a task He's asked of me. I've been WAY over my head. Let me witness, Jesus IS ALIVE!
It has been hard being a Christian at times. The contrast without Christ is vivid. There is no other hope. This has been a season of living persecution. Ya don't have to go to another country. I'm finding things look clearer, my vision desperate for the LORD. My love for HIS WORD like that of the Psalms.
Despite or maybe because of the past year we are all stronger. I feel completely worn out physically and emotionally, letting me truly see/understand/know/recognize i am weak. BUT HE IS STRONG!!!!
There is an awful few minutes turned glorious by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT seared in my mind. I know this as I was something I'm not, restrained as I am not, calm as I am not........I left reeling from the encounter, drained, overwhelmed.......until the realization of His Strength and Presence dawned like the sun on the horizon. It's not everyday I get to see HIM take over this body, this mouth. I'm so glad to have had the bit in my mouth and not operating with a mind of flesh. Victory. The kind of victory my soul desires above what victory looks like to the flesh. The most amazing thing about my LORD that day is He just carried me.....there was no battle with my flesh and spirit. I wish I could say I continued to walk in step with His Spirit, I can't. But I do know the joy of it and long to make it more of my life. Unexpected, just like the flood.
Indeed, we put bits in horses' mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body.
James 3:3
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:6
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and the are life.
John 6:63
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Romans 8:5
For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but it by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:13
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:16
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual host of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12
So I'm turning the page of self reliance once again to the page of Jesus where I depend of His Faithfulness, His Authority and His Promises. Challenges still surround me, yet they belong to Him. I am His servant. May all the glory go to the KING of Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment