Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Totally?

He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
Titus 2:14

Words that come to mind at the thought of totally are:
  • completely
  • all
  • thoroughly
  • unconditionally
  • utterly
  • wholeheartedly
  • entirely
  • fully
  • exclusively
  • exhaustively
  • comprehensively
  • competently
  • effectively
  • undividedly
  • without omission
  • alone
  • plumb
  • uniquely
  • without reservation
  • carefully
  • faithfully
  • truthfully
  • positively
  • rigorously
  • radically
  • uncommonly
  • purely
  • only
  • right
  • genuinely
  • clear
  • simply
  • to the core
  • heartily
  • profoundly
  • deeply
  • inside out
I must admit to the use of a thesaurus. The list is both revealing in what is stated and what is not stated. It causes me to stop and recognize the call and just how short and impossible for me to live it is. My heart cries out with adoration and humility to Jesus. What a lump of clay i am. How many times to the kiln of this life do I need to pass through before i am a vessel totally devoted?

He took all the bad away and freed me from the prison of no choice. He gives me a choice everyday. Every hour. Every minute. Every moment.

I am planning to reflect upon this list of making the idea of totally a reality that grows from the inside out. The war in me is already over. These feet of clay just do not have total faith. He is taking notice of each breath that brings me closer to TOTALLY DEVOTED.

And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! They were overwhelmed and totally amazed.
Mark 5:42

They were all terrified when they saw him. But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage! I am here! Then he climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. They were totally amazed, for they still didn't understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in.
Mark 6:50-52

How I want to be like the little girl.....standing and walking in faith despite any circumstance. That really would cause on lookers near and far to be totally amazed!

Yet, what it seems I repeatedly need to hear is, "don't be afraid, take courage". Constant reassurances that HE IS HERE.    Does it really all come down to my heart being too hard to take it in?

I have found myself in a season of "good works". My heart is not totally committed. In fact many days it's down right hard. That means living in law and not grace with a heart of flesh. Not FREE.

Jesus paid for my freedom to do just the kind of good works he has given me.

Sorry LORD for disappointing you. Thank you for showing me truth to set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment